Thursday, October 19, 2023

Bass Lake, October 2023

We had a nice short trip 3-night to Bass Lake.  I don’t know much about the area, yet Kari does.  We stayed at Outdoorsy Yosemite.  



I don’t know the old name, but it’s a park that’s been there awhile.   Kari stayed there in the past with family and the clubhouse once had a photo of her mother and stepfather hanging in it.  Sadly, no more.  I’m sure this place is crazy busy in the summer, but it was nice and peaceful while we were there.   




We had wonderful walks including one down to the lakeside where we were surprised about Parfait’s reaction to the water.  At the ocean and the pool, she shies away from it. Here, she ran into it up to chest high without hesitation.  We tried to get a good video, but she was zooming.




  


We drove over to the other side of the lake, where Kari’s grandparents used to live and she would spend summers.  We did something I’ve done at my grandparents home.  We parked in front of their former home and  walked around the block just like when we were young.  




All in all it was a fun quick trip.  Last one of the season.




Breaker-Breaker

I had my CB radio installed in my FJ Cruiser back about 2010.    Red Monkey was a CB radio shop in Fresno who catered to truckers and the of...